The DiARC project combines the experience, resources, and expertise of four partners (supported by an extended network of eight associated partners) representing four countries in Western and South-Eastern Europe (United Kingdom and Belgium, Bulgaria and Slovenia respectively).
The project’s acronym “DiARC” represents Digitalisation, Art, Resilience, and Creativity, the principles that underpin its mission:
- To build the resilience of young people and art communities to the negative financial consequences of the covid-19 pandemic.
- The drive to support young persons and professionals who earn a living in the art and cultural sectors of the economy, arose from the impact that the recession and lockdown(s) have had on their ability to sustain earnings and to continue to make a living. Hence there is an opportunity to provide a long-term solution that will support current and future generations of youths, and professionals in the art and cultural sectors by empowering them with the knowledge and skills to prepare for and navigate economic instability.
- The partners have used their combined expertise in training young persons in the fields of creativity, entrepreneurship, coaching and soft skills, to design and pilot comprehensive online training courses and tools that will achieve the project’s mission. These are:
* Creativity and entrepreneurial training for young persons (IO1).
* Training art professionals in the delivery of creativity trainings for young persons (IO2).
* An interactive tool (digital creativity cards) to ensure engagement of learners (IO3).
The delivery of the training by art professionals who have been negatively affected by the covid-19 pandemic also provides an opportunity for them to mitigate the financial impact on their livelihoods.
Stay tuned at https://diarc.org